Although it might be without typewriters and curlers worn to bed, a Secretary is the most common position in the workplace for women now as it was in the 1950s. But today, women are no longer bound by the gender inequality present in the 50s. Whether it may be an administrative assistant, executive assistant, PA, receptionist or bookkeeper, these supportive staff (male or female) are key to a successful business. Celebrate these fantastic people this Secretary’s Day in South Africa.
Secretary’s Day falls on the date of 3 September 2014, and it’s the cue for bosses and colleagues to show appreciation to all these special ladies and gents of the office. If you have a close friend or family member that is in an admin position, it is also your gifting duty to spread the love.
Gift Ideas for Secretaries Day
Wondering what gift for secretary’s day? Gifts to give on secretaries day? See below for awesome gifts for Secretary’s Day!
- You can’t go wrong with a bit of pampering. Send them on a spa day or buy them a spa treatment experience or package.
- Snacks, bites and nibbles. It’s an all-around crowd pleaser. Who can resist a tasty treat? Think food gifts and hampers for secretary’s day.
- When choosing an office gift, you can choose a practical gift for a colleague on secretary’s day from tea accessories to desk supplies/stationery.
- Thank You Gifts! Remember, Secretary’s Day is all about saying thank you with gifts. Pick something that says what words can’t for the late nights and weekend phone calls they took.
Flower Ideas for Secretary’s Day
- Stay away from red flowers, especially roses. This is not a romantic occasion. Unless of course, you’re married or dating your secretary. Then by all means.
- Keep it simple, and most of all fresh! Choose a fresh bouquet of thank you flowers or flowers for the office that will go perfectly on their desk as soon as they’re delivered.
- Pick something to spice up their desk. Think of sending them a flowering plant for secretary’s days or a green plant.
Whatever gifts and flowers you choose, make sure to make it a great Secretary’s Day for all the supportive staff you know and love. What are you doing for Secretary’s Day? How have you celebrated Secretary’s Day in the past? We’d love to hear from you! Leave us your comments below, or share your thoughts with us on Facebook or Twitter.