When you’re craving something sweet, the Bakery at NetFlorist has a scrumptious variety of bakery products for your favourite cake lovers. Delectably made with the finest ingredients, our bestselling chocolate cake delights make for the sweetest baked sensations to enjoy with the ones special to you.
Even as South Africa’s largest sameday gift delivery service, we understand that life can make it difficult to spoil the ones you love with a bakery item that will be delicious enough to tug at their heartstrings. If you’d like to treat the ones you love with baked goodness that is made with a personal touch, we’ve prepared a recipe for one of our bestselling chocolate cake delights that you can make and serve to your friends and family from the comfort of your lovely kitchen.
The Chocolate Cake
You will need:
- 12 eggs
- 375g of caster sugar
- 270g of plain flour
- 40g of cocoa powder
- 5ml of baking powder
- 10ml of vanilla essence
- Using a whisk, cream your eggs and whisk sugar together until it’s light, fluffy and foamy. As we love to help you indulge someone special in the most exquisite of bakery treats, this is to ensure a perfect balance between eggs and sugar and is very important in incorporating air into your eggs.
- Sift your plain flour, cocoa powder, and baking powder together and keep it aside.
- Add vanilla essence to your original mixture and mix well for that desired decadent flavour.
- One exquisite ingredient at a time, slowly fold in your drying ingredients. These will be your plain flour, baking powder, and your cocoa powder.
- Split the sweet symphony that is your mixture into three round pans, and ensure that they are greased and lined with grease-proof paper.
- Bake each of your luscious concoctions in a pre-heated oven of 180 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
- After the time is up, ensure that you remove the mixture out of the oven, and allow it to cool down.
Now that you’re the connoisseur of delicious chocolate cakes, you can take it a step further with a creamy glaze of your favourite filling. Whether, you’re using this to cover or decorate your chocolate cake, it is an essential part of your journey into creating your own personal confectionery masterpiece!
You will need:
- 500g of soft butter
- 1kg of sifted icing sugar
- 100g of sifted cocoa powder
- 5ml of vanilla essence
- 100ml of fresh cream
- Using a flat beater, cream the butter until you achieve a soft and creamy texture.
- Slowly add the sweet indulgence of your delicious icing sugar and cocoa powder into the mixture.
- To finish off your confectionery masterpiece, add your vanilla essence and your fresh cream into your lovely mixture.
- Keep whipping until you achieve the desired effect.
Now that you have all the individual elements of your chocolate concoction ready and prepared, the next and final step of your bestselling recipe is the assembly.
You will need:
- Cake board
- Chocolate sprinkles
- Take one cake round and place it on your cake board.
- Layer your cake with your chocolate icing and infuse the luscious layer of sweetness that is your icing with the flavourful delight and texture that is your cake.
- Repeat step 1 and 2 with your second and third cake rounds.
- Using your spatula, ice your chocolate cake, and smooth out the edges.
- Allow it to settle for 10-15 minutes.
- Decorate your chocolate cake with a star nozzle.
- Imbue your new chocolate cake masterpiece with chocolate sprinkles.
- Feed their inner child and serve this chocolate concoction to 8 – 12 of your friends and family!
A chocolate cake is a perfect bakery confection for any occasion, perfect as a loved one’s birthday gift, a lovely couple’s Anniversary, or even a bakery treat to say “Congratulations” to someone who deserves it. Either you order a birthday cake online from the bakery that delivers, or take delight in baking it yourself, nothing beats the personal touch of a chocolate cake made with love for the ones who are special to you!